WHY SURF BALI?
Bali is a popular surfing holiday destination for experienced surfers and beginner surfers. Why, because:
- Warm water surf is comfortable for surfers escaping cold water surf of Australia/NZ during winter. No need for restrictive wetsuits.
- Balmy tropical low wind speed makes for glassy wave. I LOVE GLASSY SURF.
- Very cheap surfing lessons on call on Bali beaches. Surf schools in Bali cater for group surf lesson training on one on one surfing lessons.
- Cheap surfboard hire on most Bali beaches.
- Good size waves.
- Good consistent shape of waves on coral reef.
GOOD AFFORDABLE ACCOMMODATION NEAR SURF BEACHES OF BALI
7. Availability of good value hotel accommodation near Bali surf beaches is another reason to book surfing holiday hotel accommodation in Bali. That strip of beaches from south Kuta Beach – Legian Beach – Seminyak Beach up north to CangGu is full of good surf beaches near good Bali hotels.
Bali hotel accommodation for beginner surfers should be booked near a surf BEACH, not a reef break. While reef breaks are more consistent and have good shaped waves, one wipeout on a coral reef could mean months of coral cut infections in the humid climate of Bali.
ACCOMMODATION NEAR BIG SURF IN BALI
Big surf in Bali rolls in over reef breaks on the southern tip of Bali’s Bukit Peninsula. Thes Bali waves are only recommended for good surfers.
Uluwatu is the most famous of Bali’s surfing spots. Even if you’re not a surfer, it’s worthwhile watching surfers at surf spots like Ulawatu. The viewing points on high clifts to the reef surf below makes for close up viewing of big wave surfing at Bali.
SURF SPOTS BALI
Big left-hand barrel waves of the Bukit Penninsula are at the famous Bali surf spots of Padang Padang, Bingin, and Uluwatu